Tuesday, January 6, 2015

LIBERTY ALICE

My first resolution of the year is to blog more.  Famous Last words.
There is always the temptation to sew more, cook less, blog less, exercise less.  There is always another quilt calling and I never have to talk myself into starting a new quilt.  Luckily my children are of an age where the rudimentary cooking lessons I gave them and less rudimentary cooking books for birthday presents, are now in use, which gives me more time for sewing, just as I planned!

My latest diversion quilt wise has been the Liberty Alice quilt or Alice in Libertyland, not yet decided on the name.

I knew of the range celebrating the 150 anniversary of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland being published and.  I have been collecting "Alice" fabrics for many years now and even have an original print from the 1950's which I treasure.  It was just a matter of time before I made this quilt and the Alice range from Liberty of London was the decider.    The drawings in the book by John Tenniel so remind me of my childhood readings of my very old book.  The quilt is now finished and I will be teaching it in Sydney at Cottage Quiltworks in January.  Here are a few photos starting from early ideas and drawings.











7 comments:

  1. Just lovely, I am going to have to plan a trip to the store sometime soon. I have almost completed the top the Squares I started before we commenced building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing Judy - looking forward to seeing the finished quilt !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say but ... Wonderful, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this quilt looks so adorable, Judy
    thank you for the photos, I would love to make it!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really gorgeous! We are right into Alice at present, our granddaughter Olive is fascinated with the book! Would love to see the finished quilt! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh this is so gorgeous Judy. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I LOVE your quilt.Is the pattern available? Please :-D

    ReplyDelete