Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hello Blogland!

inspiration board beginnings

Having been born of the generation who do not, from the cradle, know how to upload, download, reload and all other types of loading, I have resisted the blog, my own that is. I am now conceding, defeated, excited and ready to learn, so please be patient. My patterns new and old will appear here, names of stockists and other favourite things, fabrics, houses and everything to do with both. My delight in houses, of the old variety, began when I was a child growing up in a little 1950's weatherboard. Whenever we went visiting my first and only enquiry was, is it old and does it have stairs. The answer was always no and my interest was gone. I read books avidly of children in England who lived in just such houses. I have now lived in an old house with stairs for a few years. It is being lovingly renovated and now has a little sewing studio, no more kitchen table! I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Judy

10 comments:

  1. welcome judy!!
    love when people take a leap of faith
    you'll be addicted in no time!!
    jusxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, it's absolutely gorgeous and so very you!! Welcome to blogland and I look forward to getting to know even more about your lovely self. Enjoy! You might even inspire me to post a little more often. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Lovely to meet you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me be the first to say hello judy and welcome to blogland! it looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very good looking blog! When is the next installment?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy, glad you are now a blogger. You will be an expert in no time. I am really looking forward to reading about all the things you are making. Hope you enjoy yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovely Judy!!!!
    Blogland looks forward to what may come next!
    Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome to blogland........looking forward to seeing what you post here........

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome! Lovely meeting you yesterday, look forward to seeing your amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Judy,
    I came here after finding your comment on my post at the Op Shop Blog, and have enjoyed reading your new blog. We seem to have similar interests, i.e. patchwork (love your examples here) and old houses with stairs that I used to love reading about in my English story books from the 1950's!

    ReplyDelete