Sunday, November 22, 2015

Of Liberty and Alice

Its been a busy time this last 6 months, travelling all over the country.  I've had some wonderful classes in Albury at Avonleigh Country Quilting, in Sydney with Gerri, who is the new owner of Cottage Quiltworks, Melinda at Quiltsmith and over to Perth to Calico and Ivy, together with my usual teaching days in Victoria at Treehouse Textiles, Millrose Cottage,  Patch N Quilt in Gisborne, the new Cutting Cloth in Fairfield and The Quilters Patch in Moorabbin.  Next year is shaping up to be a busy one, travelling north again to the lovely Precioustime Quilting in February and many other places as well.

I think it is time I got myself organised so I will have a website next year from which I will list all my teaching appointments for the year ahead and there will be a shop, selling my templates for a couple of my patterns.  The stockists of my patterns will be listed for the purchase of my patterns.
I intend to pop a few other things on there that I make from time to time.

The title of this post has a particular significance.  My Liberty Alice quilt has been chosen by Liberty of London to appear in the 140th anniversary book to be published early in 2016.  I am so excited by this, I have been sewing with Liberty fabrics since I discovered it when I was 15 and have loved and collected it ever since, so quite a treat to have been picked.  My daughter who is living in London at the moment will, no doubt, be able to purchase one from the source.

Just to finish off, wishing you all a very happy Christmas or any other celebration that might be yours and all the very best for 2016.

Judy



4 comments:

  1. Yay....Liberty love!!! How very exciting Judy! Really happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news Judy - huge congratulations to you ! Will have to keep an eye out for that book! Looking forward to your website - you will indeed be very busy in 2016 !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations to you Judy - how exciting ! As a fellow lover of Liberty I am thrilled to bits to see this lovely news ! Looking forward to your website and know that you will be very very busy in 2016 ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous news, Judy. You must be thrilled to bits. It was lovely to meet you at Clunes - what a nice weekend that was.

    ReplyDelete